Thursday, January 18, 2007

The Newby Gazette – what’s it about?
This blog space is all about the experience of being a ‘newby’ – that is, one who is new to on-line marketing, new to this e-world where the only limit is your ability to dream (or so the many many promises of semi-instant wealth keep telling me). So far, in the one short week that I’ve been exploring this e-world of abundance, I’ve had some triumphs, a fair share of frustrations, and a few episodes of shouting (rather ineffectively) at my computer (it didn’t do much to resolve the problem, but it did help me feel better). My purpose for this Gazette, then, is: 1. to vent the frustrations, 2. to celebrate the successes, 3. to share the lessons learned, and, I hope, 4. to connect with the other newby’s out there who might be going through the same agony and ecstasy experience.

We’re on our way!
Wow, we – the other newby’s and I- are on the road to fulfilling our dreams. How great! But wait! Is the road really supposed to be this bumpy? Am I meant to be ‘challenged’ on so many sides? First, there’s the information overload (how many hundreds of new unopened files are there on this e-mail address I just set up last week?). Then there’s the brand new language (what in the world is a CB Hoplink?) And, for me at least, there is the abundance of technical difficulties (why won’t that zip file download?, why won’t Google recognize my sign-up?),
Do I dare hope it will get easier? There are a lot of nice folks out there who want to help me make my fortune; they’re only asking me for a small amount of money up front to help, and they all claim it will be easy. They certainly sound nice and friendly, so I’ll just assume that they’ll be right - in the long run. Right? And do I dare hope it will become less time-consuming? Those ‘guru’ guys who keep writing me letters say they spend half an hour a day and make heaps of money; so far,I feel like I am glued to my computer – and am still waiting to make enough to pay the phone bill. They better be right – in the long run…

Undaunted!
Because they’ve – all those nice folks and all those ‘gurus’ – have convinced me that on-line marketing is the way for me to go to gain the freedom I need to effectively live out my dreams. So I’ll carry on carrying on – until I see the fruits and prove them all right… and hopefully it’ll be in the short (and not the long) run.

Next ‘Edition’
I’ll be adding regular ‘edition’s’ to the Newby Gazette as triumphs and/or frustrations merit. So come back and visit from time. And please feel free to feed back your comments/experiences. (No affiliate advertising, please, unless, of course it is a program that has transformed your life! – then we’ll all want to know about it.)

No comments: